Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Homework for Feb 3rd

Catastrophe was definitely an odd thing to read as well as see. I actually didn't even see much of a point to either but then, there are a lot of great things in the world that have no point so maybe someone else loves it. Oh well...

In seeing the play after reading, there were only a few differences that I really picked up on. One, of course was the difference between a cigar and a flashlight. Those are very different things and it almost seems silly to switch them out. Though, I do kind of like the idea of the flashlight better since it makes the director much more believable. I have never met or heard of a director who has an assistant to light his ever-extinguishing cigar and theatres are definitely dark a lot of times so it makes more sense to me. There were a couple of other slight changes but all and all, I think the two were pretty much the same. It has been shown over countless movies made out of books that it is very difficult to convey what the book makes the reader think of and the readers are usually let down. I think that also happened for this since my imagination showed a different scene than the movie but that's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment